Man, I am still here...still bloggin..Today i was reading about "celibate clergy".I was wondering what the Catholic church used to justify this.They spoke on how St. Paul said that he would prefer that everybody be celibate(I guess I would never have gotten here).they also talk about how Jesus said that if someones does it(be celibate) for the Kingdom of God, then it is good.Jesus also said that only applied to those who could do it.He didn't command it.anyway, i got to thinking about it.I even read the Catholic position on it on NewAdvent. They go on to talk about how precious it is for the priests or bishops only family be the Church, much like Jesus is the husband of the Church. At first, I opposed this whole notion of celibate clergy but I can see how it is beneficial.we in the Protestant churches know all to well about the Pastor, the Pastor's wife and the PK's of this world. How favoritism plays a large part in the life of the Protestant church. However, I also see the pitfalls, with the many instances of child molestation that has been reported. In any case i feel Jesus put it best, if one can stand it, then let him stand it and if not, then you have got to be real with yourself and get out. Oh, wanna read something funny...go to the site above and read what they say to the priests before they are consecrated or sworn in. There is one line that is really funny. Anyway, If someone wants to be celibate and a clergy, who am I to stop them. We all have to make our own choices and build our own relationships with God.
UP Angels!! down demons!!
Life is war. My battle is not fought on the front lines in the Middle East, but at my home, at my job, and in my community. The Adversary and his demons are working tirelessly to destroy us and the plan God has for our lives. These are just my notes...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment